The Organiser of the Funky Planet event is Extreme Adventure Ltd. A Company registered in the UK (Company Registration 5910765 ) .
In consideration for Extreme Adventure Ltd (the Organiser) permitting you to take part in the Funky Planet you agree to abide by the Terms & Conditions set out below, and any instructions given by event staff at the Event.
If you do not agree with any of the below, DO NOT ENTER THE EVENT
You and the other members of your group shall be known as the “Party”. Participants aged under 18 on the date of the Event shall be referred to as ”Minors”.
Where applicable, all references to “you” or “your” in these terms and conditions shall also apply to a Minor on whose behalf a Legal Guardian is signing.
Participants Under 18 years of age (Minors):
These participants must comply with the age and height requirements. We reserve the right to ask for proof of age and/or measure any participant at registration in order to confirm that they meet our requirements. This is for their own safety, and that of other participants in the Event.
Participants aged between 12 and 15 years must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian or a named responsible adult, aged 18-or-over, at the Event at all times (hereafter referred to as the Responsible Adult).
- The Responsible Adult needs also to be registered for the event and be in the same start group with the Minor.
- A parent or a legal guardian has to sign the waiver form and the terms and conditions on behalf of the minor.
- The Responsible Adult is not allowed to sign the waiver and terms and conditions on behalf of a Minor
Participants between 16 and 17 years can participate without a supervisor but a parent or a legal guardian has to sign the waiver form and the terms and conditions on their behalf. Participants between 16 and 17 years will not be allowed to participate without a signed waiver by a parent or a legal guardian.
You hereby agree the following:
- Participants under the age of 18 must bring a copy of the event waiver, signed by a parent or legal guaridan, to the event.
- Participants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a Responsible Adult for the entire duration of the course
If you do not comply with the above, you acknowledge that you shall not be allowed to participate in the Event and will not be entitled to a refund of your entry fee.
MEDICAL HISTORY AND GENERAL RULES
- If you are acting as a Legal Guardian, you confirm that you are aged 18 or over and have the capacity to agree to these terms and conditions.
- If you are acting as a Responsible Adult and accompanying up to three Minors on the course, you agree that you are aged 18 or over and have the capacity to agree to these terms and conditions.
- You confirm that you are/the Minor is healthy and fit enough (mentally and physically) to complete the Event.
- You confirm that any Minor is aged 12 years or over and meets the height/weight restrictions on the date of the Event.
- You confirm that if any mental or physical condition arises prior to the Event which is likely to affect your/the Minor’s ability to participate, you must inform The Organiser immediately and accept that The Organiser reserves the right to require you to withdraw from the Event without a refund.
- You confirm that you are not/the Minor is not:
- on prescribed medication;
- pregnant or breastfeeding;
- suffering from any broken bones and/or serious muscles sprains and/or strains; or
- suffering from (and have never suffered from) any medical, physical or mental limitation or condition which may affect your/the Minor’s participation in the Event, including but not limited to:
- heart problems;
- back or neck problems;
- allergies or skin complaints;
- photo-sensitive epilepsy; and
- phobias and/or panic attacks.
- If one of the circumstances listed above applies to you/the Minor, you must inform The Organiser, and get written medical approval to participate in the Event, to the satisfaction of The Organiser.
- If you weigh over 120kg, you must inform The Organiser, and you acknowledge that you may be required to refrain from interacting with certain obstacles at the Event.
- You consent (on your own behalf and/or on behalf of a Minor if applicable) to any and all medical and hospital treatment; emergency first aid, medication, medical or hospital treatment or surgery that is deemed advisable or necessary by qualified medical personnel in the event of injury, accident or illness occurring during your/the Minor’s participation in the Event.
- You must not be under the influence of any drugs or alcohol whilst participating in the Event.
- You accept that Funky Planet is not a race, but does require a level of physical fitness. It is strongly recommended that all participants prepare for the challenge of the Event. If you / the Minor have not exercised before or for some time, you should consult your doctor before participating in the Event.
- You confirm that you will, at all times during the Event, obey the instructions given by Extreme Adventure employees and / or Event and /or Venue staff and that you will not act in any way that will put other participants or staff at risk, or damage any equipment or obstacles at the Event. This includes in the event village, the start and finish area and in each zone of the course.
- No pets or wheeled conveyances are allowed anywhere in the Event village or on the course.
- You consent and agree that we have the right to take photographs and/or videos and/or digital recordings of you (and/or the Minor if applicable) and to make recordings of your/the The Minor’s voice during the Event. You further grant to us the right to reproduce, edit, crop, retouch, use, exhibit, display, broadcast and distribute the images and recordings created on a worldwide basis in any and all media for promotional purposes without limit in time, and waive any right to inspect the final images and recordings before use and waive any right, claims or interest you may have to control the use of such images and recordings or to claim compensation from us for such use or publication.
- If you do not wish to be photographed/recorded you can notify the Event Manager when you register on the event day. They will take a note of your information and we will notify the appropriate staff /agents accordingly.
- If you are a Legal Guardian and notice an image of any Minor under your guardianship on our website or other promotional material which you wish to have removed, you may ask us to remove such imagery by contacting us on our website or by email. Please provide details of the image(s) in question and a website link to the relevant image(s). Once we receive your request, we will use our best endeavours to remove such imagery from our website and promotional materials.
- If you are a Legal Guardian for a Minor, you hereby give your full consent to the Minor participating in the Event pursuant to these terms and conditions and agree to sign the Waiver and ensure that such waiver is brought to the Event. It is your responsibility to ensure the waiver is completed and brought to the Event.
WAIVER AND INDEMNITY
- You assume all of the risks of participating (or the Minor participating) in the Event including but not limited to any accidents, slips, falls, negligent acts of other participants or effects of weather, and you hereby confirm that you understand that participating is a potentially hazardous activity in which injuries could occur.
- You assume total responsibility for the condition, maintenance and safekeeping of any personal property and/or equipment that you bring to and/or may use during the Event, including but not limited to mobile phones and cameras and any property left by any participant in any bag drop or car parking area operated by The Organiser.
- You acknowledge that you are/the Minor is participating in the Event at your own risk and you and the Minor hereby release and forever discharge Extreme Adventure Ltd, its owners, subsidiaries, affiliates, administrators, medical advisors, promotion agencies, sponsors and venue owners together with each of their respective members, directors, agents, officers, consultants, contractors and representatives (together, the “Released Parties”) from any claims and liabilities whatsoever, to the fullest extent permitted by law, as a result of your presence at or participation in the Event, other than any death or personal injury caused by The Organiser’s negligence.
- Extreme Adventure Ltd shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage, loss of profit, anticipated savings or wasted expenditure whatsoever arising out of your/the The Minor’s presence at or participation in the Event.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from any losses, damages, costs, expenses and demands arising out of any claim or litigation brought against them by:
- (a) you or on behalf of you/the Minor and/or your estate; or
- (b) any third parties as a result of your/the Minor’s actions during the Event.
- Your medical information will only be used for the purpose of giving you medical assistance at the Event.
EVENT FORMAT AND CANCELLATION
- Extreme Adventure reserves the right to make any variation to the format of the Event it deems necessary at its absolute discretion (including but not limited to variations in the distance, format, theme and number and/or type of obstacles, participant gifts and event merchandise) and shall not obliged to offer a refund.
- We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule an event in its absolute discretion in the event of an emergency (defined below) and shall not be obliged to offer a refund. In the event of a cancellation we will endeavour to reschedule the event and entries will be automatically transferred to the new date. If a Participant can’t make this event, they can carry their entry to another event of an equal or lower ticket value within the following calendar year. No refunds will be issued.
- For the purposes of these terms and conditions, an “emergency” means any event beyond the control of The, Organiser, including but not limited to inclement weather, earthquake, flood, acts of terrorism, civil war, nuclear, chemical or biological contamination, any law or action taken by a government or public authority, epidemic or pandemic, fire, threatened or actual strike, labour difficulty or work stoppage, insurrection, war, public disaster, or unavoidable casualty.
- Extreme Adventure and the Event staff reserve the right to remove participants from the Event in their absolute discretion if such action is considered necessary for safety reasons or the proper enjoyment of the Event by other participants or for any other reasonable reason.
CANCELLATION AND TRANSFERS
- If you cancel your booking, you shall not be entitled to a refund.
- Prior to the Event, you shall be entitled to swap, sell or transfer your ticket to the Event by contacting the Organiser.
- You agree that you shall not assign, transfer or otherwise deal in any way whatsoever with your right to participate in the Event.
- In the event that you are dissatisfied in any way with the services provided by Extreme Adventure please contact us using the form on this website or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Any complaints shall be handled in accordance with our Complaints Procedure.
- You agree that these terms and conditions supersede any prior understanding between yourself and Extreme Adventure Ltd relating to the rights granted herein and may not be modified unless in writing and signed by both parties.
- Each of the provisions of these terms and conditions is severable. If any provision (or part thereof) of these terms and conditions is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, or would be valid, binding and enforceable if some sort of the provision were deleted or amended, then the provision shall apply with the minimum modifications necessary to make it valid, binding and enforceable, and the remainder shall continue in full force and effect.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law. The Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any claim, dispute or matter of difference which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions.